Grow MLA Grant Writing Updates
Kaboom imagination playground – submitted
Lowe’s – submitted
Whole Foods – received
Annie’s Organic Foods – upcoming in the Fall
- The grant is currently in contract negotiations between OUSD and the state
- Kim has meeting with Moyra to see how we can push this forward… Piedmont has done this and they have moved to the front of the line
- Kim will be meeting with Moyra 2x a month going forward to talk about the DROPs project
DROPS will pay for landscape architect for the included grant areas, but we are trying to fund a comprehensive design for the entire campus which will NOT be covered by the DROPS grant.
$619k grant / we are getting $495 and the difference is coming in matching grants (?)
- The grant primarily covers resurfacing and prep, water storage system
- We are still looking for ways to pay for landscape architect services. We thought we had a funder but he won’t pay for design, but is willing to pay for playground structures
- $32 for landscape designer for just designs/ $80 including construction drawings
Meg from DPR. No info yet. Sounds like DPR will pay for the install but not the structure
Irrigation has (hopefully) been fixed and hose bibs will be replaced all around the school. It has been cleared will get on their schedule.
Pollinator garden and outdoor classroom chosen as main projects for March 5th community workday. Open to adding more depending on how many people participating.
Green Team is looking for more volunteers:
Anyone passionate about improving the outdoor environment for our kids, specifically:
• Bilingual translator
• Parent or volunteer Architect
• Parent or volunteer plumber or someone experienced with irrigation
• Parent or volunteer to help build a garden shed